Thursday, June 7, 2012

Internship Day Four -- Veggie Theatre Rediscovered!

I love Veggie Theatre. I have mentioned it in a previous post and I will definitely mention it again this summer. Today, I worked more on organizing Chris's old files for the Event and Outreach Binder I am putting together and I focused on Veggie Theatre resources for the day. I found some old raps and skit scripts so I decided to go through all of my old videos and type up any skits, raps, poems, etc. that were missing. I printed them all out for the binder and they can now be used again or as inspiration for new ideas for this summer and years to come. I believe the only act that has been repeated is the Veggie Rap which traditionally ends the theatre program. Veggie Theatre is a great way to promote sustainability and healthy lifestyles through entertainment mediums and the youth really enjoy themselves and have an opportunity to gain more self-confidence through the performances.

Several Veggie Theatre skits can be found on the Roots & Wisdom Youtube page. The video below is the Veggie Rap as perform in 2008. I love Eliah's commentary :)


No comments:

Post a Comment