Sunday, April 1, 2012

Welcome

Welcome to my new blog!


As stated in the description, this blog was inspired by a conversation I had with an alum at a networking reception that was part of my college' D.C. Link program, a job shadowing program with alumni in Washington, D.C. The alum I spoke to is an entrepreneur and suggested a good way for me to start reaching out to people about the environment was through social media, specifically blogging. I believe this will be a great way for me to practice talking about environmental and sustainability issue I care about and to learn how to effectively communicate the importance of sustainability and the environment to many types of people. 


Since I am a busy college study, I will not be able to post very frequently, but I hope to post once a week at minimum if possible. I plan to draw on topics I learn in class and while working, this summer I will work again with the sustainable agriculture program I worked at in the past. I will also talk about current events from time to time and possible add my own reflections to articles I read or news stories I see. Since I will be drawing on topics from classes for inspiration, some will be topics about chemistry in relation to the environment. I hope to explain those topics well enough for anyone to understand, but if you have questions about the science, please, do not hesitate to ask.


My first few posts will be about some of my own experiences working with environmental and sustainability issues such as my summer jobs with the sustainable agriculture program, an internship about recycling I did on campus, and some other aspects of my experiences with the environment and how they have set me on a path toward a career that deals with the environment.


Catherine Grace

2 comments:

  1. I think this is a great idea! I look forward to seeing the posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Brian! I look forward to your comments.

    ReplyDelete